User Guides FAQs
How do I opt someone from receiving emails sent from the system?
The steps to opt someone from receiving emails from the system are as follows:
1. Navigate to the contact manager and search for the contact's name and click on the line item.
2. The radio button that reads "Email Opt Out" gives a Yes or No option.
3. Select "Yes" and the contact will no longer be able to receive emails sent from the reporting portal. Please remember to save the changes:
Note that the user would still be able to sign into the portal to view their documents they would not be able to receive any email notifications sent from the system.
How do I prevent a contact from logging into the reporting system?
The steps to prevent a contact from signing into the reporting system are as follows:
1. Go to the contact manager and search for the contact.
2. Once the results list populates click on the contact's name.
3. Go to the right corner to the drop down that is labelled "Status" and select the "Suspended" option.
4. The final step is to select the "Save" button to keep this update.
Note that users flagged as "suspended" cannot log into the site and will not receive any emails from the system.
How do I remove an investor from the system?
The steps to remove an investor from the reporting system are as follows:
1. Go to the contact manager and search for the investor's name to be removed.
2. Click on the line item that appears then go to the "general" tab.
3. Click on the red "X" located at the top of the bar. NOTE that this will permanently remove the investor from the site.
How do I send a single email?
The steps to send a single email are as follows:
1. Go to the contact manager and search for the contact's name.
2. As soon as the result list populates click on the line item.
3. Go to the option that reads "Send Email" located in the top bar of the General section of the contact's record.
4. The next screen will have a drop down for "Type". This is to determine the type of email you would like to send. If it is a new password email then there is a type named "Send New Password".
5. Next a "Template" must be selected that allows for pre-written language to be selected or a "Blank template" will allow you to type in the body of the email.
6. Note that the "From" field will pull in the e-mail address of the user that is signed in. This can be replaced with the group email that is often used to send emails.
7. Changes can only be made if the "Edit" tab is selected and then the body of the email can be updated.
8. The final step would be to select the "Send" button.
The email will go to only the contact who has been selected. The email will get tracked at the contact and investor activity as an email.
How do I set up notifications?
1. Notifications are set up in the site to allow user to have different methods of receiving documents in addition to receiving a simple email. Users can receive documents as email attachments, hard copy mailing or as fax.
Please note that these features are available at additional cost. Please contact your Account Executive for pricing.
2. The alternative notifications can be set up within the contact's record. Access the contact's record in the contact manager tool and select the "Notification" panel.
3. Here you will see the document types stacked on the left side of the screen and a window for each notification method. To update the methods, simply drag the document type icon into the appropriate window. Once you move a type into a window, you will see save ad Cancel buttons at the bottom of the panel. To save your changes, click save button.
Also, note that the notifications can be set for all of the funds and investors, or set separately for each investor/fund relationship. To retain the notifications for all investors/fund relationships, check the all buttons next to Fund and Investor at the top of the panel.
How does an Investor Family work?
1. Investor Families provide an umbrella for all underlying investors associated to them, making it easier for a fund administrator to view all related investments from within one firm.
2. Within the contact manager, investors can all be associated and viewed as a single investor family.
3. For example, within an investor family named "Allstate" you can group together all of the Allstate investors. Note that you will see the commitments for all investors in the family grouped together as well.
How to acquire login credentials to the reporting system?
If you have never logged into the Portal before, please contact your Fund Manager to be set up in the system.
If you have logged in previously, but do not recall your credentials,
1. Please click on the Forgot ID or Password link on the login page.
2. Once you enter your first name, last name, and email address, you will be sent a temporary password.
3. Please note that the first name, last name, and email address will need to match the data already setup in the system.
How to add a new contact and assign their online access rights?
The steps to add a new contact are as follows:
1. Go to the contact manager and select the icon located to the second left of the "Search box" that is depicted by a notepad with an orange arrow.
2. A screen will open requesting general information name, email, etc. All fields highlighted with the red asterisk are required fields.
3. Next fill in the users address and other fields.
4. The screen will then populate and ask you to select "Contact Properties" this is any information unique to that contact. This is not a required field and can be skipped.
5. The next screen will appear with "Fund Family" drop down and a search box. Search for the name of the investor that the contact should be given viewing rights to. Once the result appears in the grid click on the line item.
6. The next screen will be a matrix that has the different permission groups that can be assigned to the contact. Click on the grey arrow located to the left of the investor's folder to ensure that the contact is not given access to a fund that they are not authorized to view.
7. Next you will click on the different permission boxes to allow viewing rights to the appropriate sections of the site.
8. The final step would be to save the selections.
Adding a new contact PDF
Steps to select multiple investor view on the reporting tab.
Please see Selecting Multiple Investors with the steps to select multiple investors when in the contact manager.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Enrollment
- Purpose of MFA Enrollment
The purpose of this functionality is to:
- Allow Investment Café Investor Portal users to have a more secure login by requiring the user to login using 2 identifiers, something they know, and something they have. Something you know would be your password and something you have would be a cellphone or your desktop machine for example.
2. Installation for Mobile Devices
- The user will be able to use MFA via a mobile device or desktop. This document outlines the steps to install and use the tool using either method.
When installing on mobile devices make sure you have passwords to your play store or iTunes account available if applicable. You will need it to install either application.
2.1 Google Authenticator
To install Google Authenticator, you need to locate the application in your app store.
- Search for Google Authenticator in the search bar and select it from the drop down.
- Click Install to install the application on your phone.
- Click Open to begin the setup process.
- On the next screen you will see a button, click Begin/Begin Setup. You will then be prompted to Add an account. You can do this by scanning a barcode or entering a code.
2.2 Authy 2-Factor Authentication
To install Authy 2-Factor Authentication (Authy), you need to locate the application in your app store.
- Search for Authy 2-Factor Authentication in the search bar and select it from the drop down.
- Click Install to install the application on your phone.
- Click Open to begin the setup process.
- The next screen is the Account Setup screen. You will be prompted to enter your cellphone number. This process will turn your phone into a secure account.
- Enter the phone number, then your email address.
- A popup appears to select how you would like to verify your account. Select Phone Call or SMS. Once you make your selection, you will receive your registration code via that method.
- Click the plus sign to add your account. You will be asked for a password.
- Enter the password sent to you after the numeric code.
9. You will then be prompted to Add an account. You can do this by scanning a barcode or entering a code.
3. Installation for Desktop Users
3.1 Authy 2-Factor Authentication
To install Authy 2-Factor Authentication (Authy)on your desktop, go to https://authy.com/download/.
- Once on the Authy site, under Desktop, select the operating system you are currently using, then click Download.
2. The exe. file is ready. Click Run.
3.The following screen will appear. Enter your phone number and click Next.
4. Get Verification Code via one of the following methods: Existing Device, SMS or Phone Call.
5. Enter the code received.
6. When user is ready to complete the MFA setup, click “+” to add your first account.
7. Enter Code provided by the website. (The code that needs to be entered below will be provided when logging in to the site and the user follows the verification process.) Then click “Add Account”.
*Note: If user has multiple logins for one database, they will need to add an account for each user. Same applies if a user has access to multiple databases.
8. On the next screen you are prompted to enter your Account Name and Logo. Enter the Account Name (Database Name) and select an Icon. Any of the Generic colors is good.
9. Token length should be on 6-digit. Then click the Save button.
10. The next screen will display a 6-digit code to enter when completing the Verification process outlined under “Logging in to Site”. (The code changes every 30 seconds.)
*Note: If setup is not completed on the first visit, when the tool is reopened, it will pick up where the user left off. If user defers for any reason, they can continue the process on the next visit.
4. Logging in to Site
Once the system has been setup and users have installed one of the authentication tools, users are now ready to login to the site using MFA. For users who have no MFA Enrollment Due Date entered or the Due Date has expired, they will proceed as follows.
- Upon initial login, users will receive a Security Verification dialog box. Click, Get Started Now, to proceed to the next step.
2. The next screen in the Verification process will walk the user how to install recommended apps, if they have not already done that step. It will also provide an image they can scan using their mobile device or a long code if using their desktop. Once they enter the code into the authenticator app, a 6-digit code will be available for the user to login to the site.
3. Click on “I have a six-digit code”. The following box will pop up. Enter the code provided without spaces and click “Verify”.
4. Authentication is complete and the user is logged in. (*Exception, if user’s password expires, they will be prompted to change it, then they will be logged in.)
For users who have an MFA Enrollment Due Date entered, they will proceed as follows.
- Upon initial login, users will receive a Security Verification dialog box. The user will have the option to click, “Get Started Now” to setup MFA Authentication or defer by clicking “Remind Me Later”.
2. Clicking on “Remind Me Later” will login the user as normal. If the contact’s password has expired, they will be prompted to change it upon login.